Saturday, August 2, 2008

AWWW, those summer Nights!

Remember how much fun it would be to sleep out on the tramp? I loved it. When we got our tramp this summer, the boys were so excited to sleep out. Carsen and Mitchell (the neighbor) kept asking his parents if it would be o.k. and FINALLY they said yes.
So this was the night of all nights! They were stoked to say the least. It was a fun filled night
We went to Papa Murphy's and got pizza, breadsticks and cookies. Carsen was way excited to set up the beds. All I kept hearing "Can we set up our beds?"
So here is Carsen and his best little bud ever Mitchell.
Getting ready to go to sleep. Notice how Mitchell looks 'not too excited anymore' . About the time Nick and I said It's almost time to settle down and go to bed, we heard Mitchell say, "Well, I don't think I really like to sleep outside a whole bunch maybe sortof kindof well I don't know about this" We thought we know where this is going...

Some fun before bed...
Sawyer is so funny. He truly believes he is as old as all these kids. So funny!
Sawyer and Avery even found a cute little friendly cat. They loved it. Sawyer was carrying it around everywhere with him.
Sawyer hanging out in the stroller with his flashlight.
Here is Nick outside with his telescope. We stayed up watching the kids and watching the fire on Payson mountian. What a FIRE!!! But that is another blog entry...

So by the time they all got settled down and we said o.k it's time for bed, Sawyer wasn't so happy anymore and wanted his own bed. (which was totally expected) But as we listened through our bedroom window we could hear Mitchell saying "It is too hot out here and I can't sleep in the hotness." I go out and reassure everyone that everything is fine and it won't be too hot it will fell nice and cool and great. Carsen and Avery are still pumped and a night to sleep on the tramp and they are ready to go to sleep. I go back inside. Needless to say I woke up this morning to the tramp looking like this....

No kids. Mitchell started crying because he couldn't take the hotness and Avery started crying because she didn't want to go in but she had to because if Mitchell didn't sleep outside then either could she and then Carsen was mad because all he ever wanted in his whole life is to sleep on the tramp with Mitchell and now his life is over. DRAMA!
Nick offered to sleep out there but we all know Nick is not even near the coolness as neighbor Mitchell, so Carsen got in his bed. heartbroken I might add...
But I must add.. I was one of those kids. I could not sleep at peoples houses. I don't know if I was scared or what but I just liked my own bed. I was all for it until it came time to close my eyes and I was wanting to go home every time! So I feel ya Mitchell!
Aww the Summer sleep overs. Gotta love it!!!

No comments: