Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A sad day..

Today was a sad day. This Saturday and everyday after has been a sad day. As some of you may know, Little 6 year old Jayden was killed on Saturday. She is the daughter of one of my dearest and closest friends, Natalie. I loved this little girl so much. Natalie and I have been friends for a long time and
I love her kids like my own. The day little Jayden passed away I feel like I lost one of my kids. My heart is so sad for Natalie. I hurt to know she is hurting. What can I do to take the hurt away? Is there any other pain like loosing a child? So innocent. So pure. So full of life.
On Saturday I got a call from Natalie. She was just finishing up with working for someone that day and was heading home to to be with her kids. She called to chat and then we hung up from each other. Later that day (about 2 hours later) I get another call from our friend Destiny. She asks me " Have you talked to Natalie today?" I reply "yes, I just talked to her a little bit ago. why?" I could tell something bad had happened. Destiny then tells me Jayden has been in an accident and didn't make it. I was beside myself. I didn't know what to say. I told her thank you for telling me and I immededatly called Nat. Then I rushed to be with her. My mind raced the whole way over and it started to hit me. When I got there I hugged her and We cried together. I didn't know what to say or to do all I could do is hug her and cry with her. She has just lost her baby. Her flesh and blood. My heart ached for her. She then later told me after she got home the girls where taking something to the neightbor across the street. They live on 8th North which is kind of a busy street sometimes. As they held hands ready to cross, Madison seen a car was comming and stepped back but little Jayden kept going and ran across the road. The SUV didn't even see her. Madison ran inside yelling to Natalie " Jayden just got hit" natalie ran out barefoot to her little girl. Madison called Jeff and soon cops and ambulances where there. They rushed her to the hospital and on the way Natalie knew she was gone.
So today was her funeral. It was beautiful. Jayden was beautiful. Natalie and her family did so well. Natalie spoke and it was perfect. Madison spoke and it was perfect. Jeff spoke and it was perfect. They even gave the family and friends the opportunity to get up and say some words. It was so neat to her all the wonderful memories of our sweet Jayden.
This kind of thing is so tragic. I wouldn't wish it upon my enemy. This is something that really makes you evaluate your life and how you are with your own kids. Things could change in a blink of an eye. I went home that night and really looked at myself and thought, If this was to happen to me, I don't want to have any regrets on I couldof or shouldof done something different. Thinking, I should of spend more quality time with my kids, I should of been nicer, I should of been there more. I would want No regrets. That night I spoke a little kinder. That night I squeezed my kids a little tighter. That night I stayed up and watched my kids sleep thanking my heavenly father that I had them. And almost feeling guilty I had all of my kids home safe and still breathing. It really hit close to home.
Natalie is so strong. And she is so strong in the church. When asked how they are doing so well through this, they tell people it is because the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Isn't that so amazing? To know that we will see Little Jayden again? I have a strong testimony in this church. I know my sweet Natalie and Jeff will see thier little girl again. I know families are forever. I know that my heavenly father knows each and everyone of us and he loves us. I know he gives us what we can bear. I know Natalie will get through this and I hope I can help her get through this.
So If you are reading this you are thinking "That is so sad." But I want you to do more than just that. Are you doing everything you can in your life to make the most of every moment with your family, with your children? If anyone of them was gone tomarrow, would you have any regrets? I would hope I wouldn't. My loss of this little girl has taught me alot already. To be a better person and make every moment I can with my family a great one.
I will miss Jayden. I will miss her beautiful blue eyes and blonde hair. I will miss how funny and smart she was. I will miss how spunky and full of life she was. I will miss braiding her hair making her look like a princess. Oh I loved that girl! I lost a little part of me this last Saturday. She will truly be missed.
I love you Jayden!!!


December 10th 2002- December 20th 2008

3 comments:

Chaotic Monarchy said...

You couldn't have put it more beautifully. Wasn't I just complaining about Christmas Break being so long? Thank you for the wake up call. Natalie is lucky to have you for a friend. I will definitely squeeze my family a little tighter tonight.

Love ya, Kiley

Amanda said...

I am so sorry for you and your friend. I heard about this story on the news. It does put everything into perspective, life can change so fast! Thanks for writing about this. Love ya!

Ali said...

Heartbreaking...