Monday, April 21, 2008

The coolest birthday present ever!

So this year I turned 26. I can hardly believe I am 26! That just seems so old. I know . I know all of you old folks are thinking... I wish I was 26 again but ,what ever it is old. Well, birthdays just are not the same when you become a mom. No big parties or extravagant gifts you have been waiting all year to receive. It is just...Oh, by the way, happy birthday.
Anyways, March 25th came and I actually had been looking forward to it because my sister told me weeks ago she got me a totally awesome birthday present! What could it be? So I was stoked to open not one but two Dawson's Creek autographed prints.
What? You thought Dawson's Creek memorabilia is cool?
Why Yes. I do.It started about the time I had My little one. (Drew) and the late night feedings. dawson's Creek was on every morning at 3 a.m.
Coincidentally, That was feeding time.. Well, long story short, I was hooked and ended up renting every episode on DVD. Loving it!!! (I am not done yet. I am on the last season)
But, I got my sister hooked too. We are screaming Dawson fans. (And Jack fans)
We are dorks,Yes we know.
We are about 5 years late, Yes we know.
But we love it. So Trac gave me a autographed Jack Mcfee print that says "Don, Thanks for watching" Which I wrote my name over the top of "Don's" because Kerr Smith really meant "Ashley Taylor". And one of the whole gang with signatures.
How awesome is that!
I thought this was the one of the nicest things anyone has done for me. I was touched .. truly.
It is just too bad Nick won't let me hang my framed prints in the living room! I guess they will have to go on the night stand by our bed so I can dream every night about them! Oh my sweet Jack Mcfee!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Ash-
Happy freakin' Birthday!!!!
Sorry I'm a month late, what a horriable friend I am. But you know I love ya! Jealousy! what a cool gift. Personally I am a Pacie fan. man, I need to watch those again. Good times!!!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday!! What a great present. I always loved him when I watched the show!

Haskell Fam said...

What kind of friend am I? I am so sorry I totally forgot to even call or anything! So I hope you had a great day and again so sorry! I am not a Dawson's watcher, but I think I probable would like it. Maybe when I get caught up with all the other 50 thousand tv shows I watch, yes I am a bum. Well Love ya Ash.

Chaotic Monarchy said...

Happy Birthday!! I am so friggin jealous. I always had a thing for the bartender from the college years of Dawsons Creek.