Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The very best gift given




It brings back so many memories for me when I see the looks on my boys faces when they get that first glimse of the presents that santa left for them. I remember that feeling of excitement. Did Santa Claus come? I remember one year, I was awake all night looking out the window hoping to see Santas sleigh flying through the sky and stopping at my house. No such luck. But having kids and watching them have those same feelings, really brings back the emotion of the belief in Santa.
It was really neat this year for us. This was Sawyer's first year of real Santa excitement. And of course Carsen had that too. Sawyer was more concerned about Santa Clause on the wrapper on the presents than actually unwrapping them. And Cars was the complete oppisite. He would unwrap one throw it aside and ask for the next.( We had a talk about that afterward) Carsen got his Pokemon toys and Drawing supplies that he asked for, Sawyer got his trucks and trains and Drew got everything on his christmas list too,diapers and milk. (With a few toys as well) Nick got a big nice hunting coat(just what he wanted) and I got a tanning pass and a shopping spree. (Just what I wanted!) 
But all in all, I am blessed.We are blessed. I have so much to be thankful for. I am thankful for the gifts that were under the tree on Christmas morning. I am thankful for the roof over my head. But most of all, I am so thankful for my friends and my family. Thats what it is all about right?  It is not all about the "things" we receive. This year I really thought about this. Sometimes it is easy to get so caught up in material things and we loose sight of what really matters. It is about The ones we love.It is about being with the ones we love. It is about loving the ones we love! 
So at the end of the day (The long crazy Christmas day)..I think that The very best gift I was given was by my heavenly father who gave me my  wonderful, caring husband, my sweet ,beautiful boys, and my great, supportive family. I am one lucky girl! What more could I ask for!!

No comments: